1. Wash as quickly as possible after use! Dried-on drink residue hinders the cleaning process.
2. Drink residue and other waste belongs down the sink or in the bin - not in the glasswasher.
3. When filling the racks ensure that the glasses do not touch or knock against each other.
4. Operational readiness: only begin washing when the nominal temperatures have been achieved and the machine display indicates it is ready to operate.
5. Removal of glasses: ensure that no fingerprints are left on the glasses when stacking. A paper towel dispenser positioned in the vicinity of the glasswasher encourages staff to wash and dry their hands.
6. Don't polish! This actually makes the glasses dirty again, because even a fresh multiuse towel may contain germs and bacteria.
7. Glasses need space. Be sure that there is enough space around your machine to work, and for separate storage of used and clean glasses.
8. Do not store glasses upside down. Clean glasses should not be stored hanging over the bar but in closed cabinets (the right way up). Don't stack glasses inside or on top of one another; this can easily crack the glass.
9. Regular service and maintenance guarantee the operational reliability of your machine. Check detergent and rinse aid containers regularly.
10. At the end of each shift, empty the machine and leave it open (the door locks in a slightly tipped position). If necessary, clean the filters and wash arms. This only takes a few minutes.
Your newly purchased glasses are coated with a protective film during production and must be pretreated as otherwise the water will drain off poorly after washing and leave streaks. This protective coating is best removed before using the glasses by means of "basic cleaning".
Basic cleaning can be carried out in your Winterhalter machine. Simply add three shot glasses of Winterhalter Detergent F 8400 (our hygiene express department will be happy to provide you with some) directly to the wash water and run the glasses through three wash cycles. But be careful! The detergent is strongly alkaline - please don't allow it to come into contact with your skin.
Afterwards, simply allow the glasses to dry outside the machine. That's all there is to it!