The Top Ten KPs of the Year 2017
The search for the 2017 KP of the Year is nearly over as Winterhalter, the company behind the awards, has announced the shortlist for this year’s trophy.
Judges for the 2017 awards include James Horler, chief executive of 360 Restaurants; Richard Davies, executive chef of Calcot Manor Hotel; Anne Pierce, chief executive of Springboard UK; Sara Jayne Stanes, chief executive of the of the Royal Academy of Culinary Arts; Hayden Groves, executive chef, BaxterStorey; and Stephen Kinkead, managing director, Winterhalter UK.
Stephen Kinkead was delighted with the continued response to the competition and said: “The calibre of entries just keeps getting stronger and stronger. This year was the most difficult to judge yet.”
The top 10 KPs of the Year 2017 are:
• Bayani Balba, kitchen porter, One Great George Street, Westminster, London
• Banjamin Berany, senior kitchen porter, The Vineyard, Newbury, Berkshire
• Mohammed El Wakili, head kitchen porter, The Goring, Westminster, London
• Mariano Espinoza, kitchen porter, The Carpenters Arms, Islington, London
• Daniel Gligorov, head kitchen porter, the White Hart at Fyfield, Oxford
• Miroslaw Glogowski, kitchen porter, the Landmark, Marylebone, London
• Adam Kaczor, head kitchen porter, Special Catering Company, Heathcote & Co, Bolton
• Rafal Matrejek, kitchen porter, Berwick Lodge, Bristol
• Jose Nunez, kitchen porter, The Stafford, St James, London
• June Pond, senior kitchen porter, Double Tree by Hilton, Milton Keynes
The winner will be announced in October. The prize fund is valued at over £10,000. The winner receives £1,000 in cash, plus a celebratory meal with friends, there are cash prizes for the runners up, and the winner’s establishment gets a Winterhalter machine.
For the latest news on the KP awards, visit www.kpoftheyear.com